- Bernard Arnault Overtakes Warren Buffett as World’s Third-Richest Person —On the Blooming Billionaires Index, French luxury goods tycoon Bernard Arnault has overtaken Berkshire Hathaway Chairman Warren Buffet as the world’s third-richest person. Arnault is now worth $83.1 billion, while Warren Buffett has a net worth of $83 billion.
- India’s Unemployment Rate at 7.2% in February, The Highest Since September —According to the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy, the unemployment rate rose to 7.2% in February 2019, the worst in 28 months, and up from 5.9% in February 2018. Meanwhile, the labor force is down 25.7 million since September 2016 and the number of employed persons has declined by 18.3 million in the same period. The number of employed persons in India was estimated at 400 million in February compared with 406 million a year ago.
- ISRO and CNES Signed to Set Up a Joint Maritime Surveillance System —National Space Agency ISRO and French Space Agency CNES signed an agreement to set up a joint maritime surveillance system in the country in May. K.Sivan, Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization, and Jean Yves Le Gall, President of CNES of France, signed the agreement in Bengaluru.
- March 1, 2019, Observed as World Civil Defence Day —World Civil Defence Day is observed on 1st March every year, all over the world. The theme of this year’s World Civil Defence Day was “Children’s safety, our responsibility”. This day was incorporated in 1990 by the ICDO. The day marks the entry into force of the ICDO Constitution as an intergovernmental organization in 1972 and has two main purposes.
- Trump Notified to Terminate Trade Benefits For Both India and Turkey —President Trump notified the Congress his intent to terminate trade benefits for both India and Turkey under the Generalized System of Preference eligibility criteria. About 2,000 products, including auto components and textiles, can enter the US duty-free if the beneficiary developing countries meet the eligibility criteria.
- Bharat Electronics Launches SWAGAT – Automatic Fare Collection Gating System —Bharat Electronics Limited, a defense public sector undertaking, presented SWAGAT – the Automatic Fare Collection Gating System. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the system on Monday as part of the inaugural of Phase I of the Ahmedabad Metro.
- India Nominated Ramesh Chandra to Head Food and Agricultural Organization —India has nominated Ramesh Chandra, a member of Niti Aayog, to head Food and Agricultural Organization. Ramesh Chand’s candidature is challenged by Qu Dongyu of China, Medi Moungui of Cameroon, Catherine Gelatin-Laneelle of France and Davit Kirvalidze of Georgia. To get elected to the post of Director-General of FAO the candidate needs to secure a simple majority of the 194 members.
- Toyota and JAXA Partners on a Planned Mission to The Moon —Toyota to join hands with Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Japan’s space agency, on a planned mission to the moon, with the Japanese auto giant expected to develop a lunar rover. It will be the car manufacturer’s first full-fledged entry into space exploration after the company jointly developed a robot sent to the International Space Station.
- Scientist Ajit Kumar Mohanty Appointed as BARC Director —The Baba Atomic Research Center has appointed scientist Ajit Kumar Mohanty as its Director. He has been appointed for a period of three years. He is at present Director, Physics Group in BARC and Director, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics.
- BHEL Installed 1st Solar EV Charging Station on Delhi-Chandigarh Highway —Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited has set up its first solar-based electric vehicle charger on the Delhi-Chandigarh Highway. The project is covered under the FAME scheme.
07th March 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download
07th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Note: Are Looking for Job?, then please subscribe to our Youtube Channel