- Karnataka Sought Rupees 2064 Crore for Drought Relief —Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy sought early release of Rupees 2064.30 crore funds to provide relief to drought-hit farmers in the ongoing Rabi season. In addition to floods, Karnataka reeled under severe drought both during Kharif (summer) and Rabi (winter) seasons of the 2018-19 crop year (July-June).
- Japanese Woman Honored by Guinness World Records —A 116-year-old Japanese woman who loves playing the board game Othello is being honored as the world’s oldest living person by Guinness World Records. Tanaka was born January 2, 1993, the seventh among eight children. The previous oldest living person was another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, who died in July at age 117.
- NASA’s LRO Spotted Water Molecules moving around the dayside of Moon —NASA Scientists have observed water molecules moving around the dayside of the moon using NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO). It is an advance that could help us learn about the accessibility of water that can be used by humans in future missions.
- Pulse Polio Programme Launched in Nagaland —The Nagaland Health and Family Welfare Department launched the first round of ‘Intensive Pulse Polio Immunization’ programme. I. Himato Zhimomi, Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare, administered the first two polio drops to an infant at Naga Hospital, Kohima marking the launch of the three-day programme.
- Lok Sabha 2019 Elections will Start from 11th April —Election Commission of India announced that the Lok Sabha 2019 elections will start from April 11, in seven phases. The election in 22 States and Union Territories will be conducted in a single phase.
- India Launched its 3rd IT Corridor in China —National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) entered into a partnership with China’s Xuzhou city from Jiangsu Province in China to help develop the IT corridor.
- NPPA Reduced MRP of 390 non scheduled Cancer Medicines up to 87 percent —The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has reduced the MRP of 390 non-scheduled cancer medicines have been reduced by up to 87%.
- Maneka Gandhi Felicitated the 30 Winners of the Web Wonder Women Contest —Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Maneka Gandhi, felicitated the 30 winners of the ‘Web Wonder Women’ contest organized by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in New Delhi.
- SBI to Link the interest Rate to RBIs repo rate —State Bank of India is to link the interest rate it offers on savings account deposits to the Reserve Bank of India’s repo rate, an external benchmark. SBI has become the first domestic bank to do such linking.
- Ministry of Power to give a star rating for 2 Electrical Appliances —The Ministry of Power has announced that two more electrical appliances microwave ovens and washing machines will now be assigned star ratings based on their energy efficiency metrics. The rating of appliances in India is undertaken by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
11th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
11th March 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download
Note: Are Looking for Job?, then please subscribe to our Youtube Channel