1. The Year 2019 marks the Centenary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, also known as the Amritsar Massacre that occurred on April 13, 1919. The massacre exposed the inhuman approach of the British when the British troop cold-bloodedly open fire into an unarmed crowd without any warning.
2. The International Day of Human Space Flight was observed across the world on April 12, 2019. The day celebrates the anniversary of the first ever human space flight undertaken by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet Union citizen then.
3. US space flight company SpaceX carried out its first commercial launch with its Falcon Heavy rocket by placing a Saudi satellite in orbit on April 11, 2019. The 13,000-pound Saudi Arabian telecommunication satellite is operated by Arabsat and is expected to provide television, internet and mobile phone service to the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
4. The 12th edition of joint military exercise between India and Singapore ‘Bold Kurukshetra 2019’, culminated on April 11, 2019, after an impressive closing ceremony held at Babina Military Station, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
5. India’s flagship programme, National Mission for Clean Ganga or Namami Gange was felicitated with the coveted Public Water Agency of the Year award at the Global Water Summit on April 9, 2019, at London.
6. India and the Netherlands on April 11, 2019, discussed ways to strengthen bilateral, political and economic ties, including boosting cooperation at the United Nations and another international forum. The two nations used the dialogue exchange as an opportunity to review the entire extent of bilateral relations, including political, economic, commercial, scientific and cultural cooperation.
7. Justice Vikram Nath, the senior most judge of Allahabad High Court, was on April 10, 2019, appointed as the first Chief Justice of the newly-constituted Andhra Pradesh High Court. The new Andhra Pradesh High court was established on January 1, 2019, following the division of a combined high court of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
8. Professor Najma Akhtar of the National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi was appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University on April 11, 2019. Akhtar is the first woman to be appointed as the JMI V-C. She has four decades of academic scholarship in educational leadership.
9. The lawmakers in the United States have introduced new legislation, Bill HR 2123, in the House of Representatives to strengthen US-India strategic partnership. If enacted, the legislation would ensure that the US State Department treats India as a NATO ally for the purposes of the Arms Export Control Act.
10. Libya, which has undergone years of conflict, has no single government currently, with General Khalifa Haftar’s LNA backing the Tobruk-based parliament which governs eastern Libya and the GNA which controls Libya’s western parts from Tripoli.
12th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
12th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Note: Are Looking for Job?, then please subscribe to our Youtube Channel