- The salt-to-software group Tata has been ranked 86th in the 2019 Most Valuable Brands list compiled by the London-based consultancy Brand Finance. Tata was ranked 104 in the 2018 list.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Dilip Sadarangani as part-time chairman of Federal Bank.
- Suman Kumari became the first Hindu woman in Pakistan to be appointed as a civil judge.
- Madhya Pradesh Government announced the launch of a “Yuva Swabhiman Yojana” to ensure 100 days of employment every year to the youths from the economically weaker sections (EWS) in urban areas.
- Denmark’s Anders Antonsen has won the men’s singles title of Indonesia Masters Badminton Tournament by defeating Kento Momota of Japan.
- Vinita Bhardwaj has won the gold medal in women’s air rifle in the H&N Cup international shooting championship Munich, Germany.
- Ambati Rayudu has been suspended from bowling in international cricket by the ICC.
- Music festival Sur Jahan, previously known as Sufi Sutra, will be held in Goa from February 6 to 8.
- India First Life Insurance has bought nine percent stake in CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd. India First Life Insurance is a joint venture between Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, and Legal and General (UK), while CSC is an integral part of Digital India initiative of the government under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- ICICI Bank has decided to terminate the contract of former Managing Director & CEO Chanda Kochhar after the B.N.Srikrishna panel found that she violated the Bank’s code of conduct.
- As a mark of respect to Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, on his 71st death anniversary, also observed as Martyrs Day.
- India & Israel set to approve defense deals worth around 5700 crore deal for two more “Phalcon” airborne warning system and control system (AWACS) aircraft from Israel, which comes soon after it signed an Rs.4577 crore contract for air defense radars.
31st January 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download
31st January 2019 Current Affairs quiz: Click here
|GOK Recruitment||1000 Vacancies|
|DHFWS Chikballapur Recruitment||11 Vacancies|
|DC Office Chikballapur Recruitment||01 Vacancies|
|KPTCL Recruitment||3646 Vacancies|
|NPCIL Recruitment||03 Vacancies|
|CHAMUL Recruitment||72 Vacancies|
|WCD Chikkamagaluru Recruitment||64 Vacancies|
|BBMP Recruitment||Various Vacancies|
|IISc Recruitment||Various Vacancies|
|Karnataka Prisons Department Recruitment||662 Vacancies|